Friday, December 7, 2007

Lights, Camera, Action!

Well last night was our tree decorating ceremony live from Florida! :-) I had left my camera at work, so before we started decorating I had to drive back by work to pick up my camera just so I could have pictures for you on my blog of course!

First we start with the lights. Now I love the look of white lights its is simple, beautiful and classic, and we had white lights for alot of my Christmases as a kid I remember, but there is just something magical about colored lights that makes me wish I was a kid again. So, therefore once I was on my own and had begun my new life with Eric, I decided we would have colored lights every year (at least until we both got old and Kaylea was out of the house). It just puts the magic back into Christmas. I love it!


So Kaylea and I were the helpers, holding the Christmas lights for Eric every time he had to go around the back of the tree. One string didn't work, but its ok we had enough. Then it was time for ornaments. Every year that Eric and I have been together we have a tradition that we surprise one another with a new ornament. This way we can build up our ornament collection, and its fun! Normally I get Eric one dealing with Basketball, Orlando Magic, Tigger, or Sponge Bob lol. Not sure what I will pick out this year.

Eric on the other hand is very creative. When it comes to giving gifts, Eric is the best. Believe it or not husbands like him do exist (well at least he does.) He literally listens to me throughout the year to things I point out that I like or want to have. By Christmas I have forgotten all about these things, and Eric manages to remember them. So every Christmas he surprises me, I never can guess! But he is great with everything - for example the ornaments. When I was pregnant with Kaylea he got me an ornament that had a couple on it - the wife was pregnant. And it even looked like us! It was one that was made of a sort of clay that you could write on and so he wrote an arrow on it pointing down on the belly and wrote "Kaylea". Its just little creative ideas that are cool. Of course I was pregnant and emotional that year so when he gave it to me I burst into tears. (are you gagging yet?)



Anyways, back to the tree! So we had a blast decorating it last night, but it still looked bare to me. Now Eric is one for simplicity. He doesn't like tinsel or garland or icicles or popcorn. I do...I say the more the merrier. So this year he has agreed to let me pick out garland for the tree! I can't wait! And he even did things a little crazy this year! See, normally Eric is very specific on where the ornaments go (and he will move them when I am not looking). He wants the big Christmas Balls on the bottom and the little Christmas Balls on the top. (Crazy I know) But this year he actually put some big on top and some little on the bottom with Kaylea helping to decorate. Totally out of the ordinary for him lol (I'm sure he will be rearranging them in the middle of the night!)


Anyways hope you enjoy some of our Christmas pictures! oh and one more thing! Kaylea brought home some magical Reindeer food that she made at school with oats and magic sprinkles. The directions say to spread it on the lawn and it will bring the reindeer and Santa to your house!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Love the photos!! And, you're so very right...there is nothing like a real live tree, speaking of one of the balled and you plant afterwards types, too!! Cut ones work though...and, this year we won't have one...so, I'm getting enjoyment out of those of you that are doing it up right!! THANKS!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric Takes after his mom lol
I have to have the tree just like you say he does and I have gotten up when they were little and didnt put them on right and changed them around small on top med in the middle and big ones on top guess its my fault I raised him that way.
opps sorry summer lol
love you guys and this blog keeps me up to date.