Friday, December 28, 2007

The Magical Reindeer Food Worked!

Sorry I have slacked on the blog writing! I've been working overtime at work and we have all been under the weather here in our house. Kaylea and Eric seem to be doing much better and I am on the road to recovery now that I have a Z-Pack in my system. Anyways, through it all we still managed to have a great Christmas! God has really blessed us this year and we actually will have enough money with bonuses and gifts to get our central heating & air redone! (A much long needed expense.) I can't wait because in the summer time our electric bills were $475/month for our little 890 sq. foot home! Ugh I know!

Well on Christmas Eve we took Kaylea outside and sprinkled some magical reindeer food all over our yard and driveway to help guide the reindeer to our house. (Looked more like oatmeal to me.) Then we set out cookies and milk for Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus and it was off to sleep. We all slept in believe it or not...guess that's the being sick part. Normally Kaylea wakes up at 7am on the dot but on Christmas it was 8am and we had to go wake her up! We told her she had to wake up cause Santa came and she said, "I can't believe the magical reindeer food worked!"




Santa had set up a play tent for her with a tunnel that was going down the hallway, so first thing she said was, "A TENT!!!" So she crawled through the tunnel and through the tent and then saw her big girl bed. So she ran over to her big girl bed and said, "A bed, a bed! Its just what I always wanted!" Haha! She is so sincere with everything she says its adorable! Then it becomes a blur of opening one present after another one. Unfortunately I didn't take that many pictures (I think 3?) because I was holding the video camera and Eric was doing the fun part of helping her unwrap. Mommy always gets stuck with the technical stuff like hooking up the VCR and holding the video camera! I think I need to learn how to play dumb...

After opening a bunch of presents and playing with them all, we headed down to St. Pete to spend some time with Eric's family and shared more presents. Then we met my parents back at our house later that afternoon and had more present opening then! We also shared a chocolate birthday cake we got for Baby Jesus (a new tradition we are starting this year).

Our plan was to cook Stuffed Cornish Game Hen's, but being sick and miserable we settled on picking up Chinese food for our Christmas dinner lol. But we made the Cornish hens the next night and they were yummy! So how did you spend your Christmas dinner?



(P.S. - Here are the UK slippers Eric got me for Christmas!)


No comments: