Sunday, December 30, 2007

Orlando Magic and the Hard Rock Hotel!


We are back from Orlando and we had a blast! Kaylea had a "sleepover party" at Mimi and Gada's house, and we had a "sleepover party" at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino! Not sure how Kaylea's went (we pick her up after work today) but ours was super fun!


We got to the hotel and dropped off our luggage and then headed to the game. I have to say the Hard Rock hotel is sooo nice and its actually not as expensive as you would think. The room was awesome... And I'm just mad I didn't think to take a picture of it for the blog! But it was a nice with a big comfy down bed! :-) They give you a CD when you go there and you have a CD Player in the room. It was decked out very modern and the tub in the bathroom was so big that Eric could lay down in it with his legs and knees flat.... (but it went to waste cause there was not time to take a bath in it). When we got back to our room that night they had the bed set out all fancy like a cruise ship with two choclate guitars on our pillows! How cool is that!


So off to the game we went - Floor Seats! It was so awesome... Just flash your floor seats ticket and you get treated like royalty! The view was great and I must say now that I have seen the players up close I have a crush on a few of them! Dwight Howard and Carlos Arroyo are my two favorites. I call Arroyo - Arroz con Pollo - has a better ring to it! I got plenty of game pictures but they moved so fast I didn't know how to work my new camera well enough to keep some of them from blurring. But plenty of good pics and "Magic Dancer" pics as well. And - WE WON! Seems like every game we've been to in the past we haven't won, but we had floor seats to a winning game! It was great!


After the game we headed back to Tampa to the Hard Rock Hotel and ended up eating at their upscale version of Denny's... Not so good. I had wanted to eat at "Council of Oaks" but it is entirely too expensive and it was a bit late for that. Maybe another day. We did hit the casino for a short time, and I actually had won about $200 - which Eric said, walk away.... Lets go. And I didn't listen (which I guess is why casinos make their money) but I left at $75... I started to get the point. But it was just so surreal being there. One of our favorite TV shows is Las Vegas, and while I know we weren't there, it felt like our own little version of it. I was looking all around for Danny from Security and Eric was looking for Sam Marques the Casino host LOL. If you watch the show you will know who we are talking about.

Needless to say we had a great time, and we definitely want to stay at that hotel sometime again. Now we are both back in reality and at work today. Bah humbug!


To view all of our pictures from the trip click below!

http://picasaweb.google.com/kayleasmom/OrlandoMagicGame

No comments: