Sunday, December 16, 2007

Santa's Shopping List

Well we talked to Santa yesterday and his secret helpers (mom and dad) got their bonus and have finished their Christmas Shopping, so we know what he is bringing Miss Kaylea Jade!

First and foremost of course is the "Dora Saves the Mermaids" DVD which was her only request on her Christmas list this year. But being that she was so conservative with her list, Santa felt he should get her some more things too.

Here is Santa's Shopping:

- Backyardigans Playdoh Pirate Ship
- A Baby Girl Shrek with a pink crib & bottle & crawls
- A Little Mermaid Shirt and Shorts set
- Another Little Mermaid Shirt
- 2 pairs of jeans (that she deperately needed!)
- A little baby mermaid doll (by Bratz dolls)
- A little elephant that sings nursery songs and its belly spins
- An animal train set (really cute little tikes thing I found at a yard sale for $10!)
- A Toddler Bed! (This is something she needed and was going to get whether it was Christmas or not - just so happens its Christmas!)

For her stocking:
- A little mermaid lolipop holder that spins
- some candy crabby patties (from Sponge Bob)
- Socks! Cause you gotta have them!

Santa's Helpers still have some stocking stuffers to pick up but for the most part they are done! Whew!

But funny story about the Toddler Bed. The bed we got is really a nice natural wooden bed that was 69.99 (for the frame) and it uses a regular standard crib mattress (which we have). Well its amazing to me how much people pay for things - like toddler beds - that kids grow out of quick anyways. For instance, a girl I worked with paid over $600 for her son's Toddler Bed (not a crib that turns into a toddler bed, but an actual toddler bed - like Kaylea will get for Christmas). wow. $600?! To me thats crazy (please take no offense if you paid this much). Well while we were in line at ToysRus we we talking about the Toddler bed with the two ladies ringing us up. And I said, "A girl I work with paid around $600 for her son's toddler bed - can you believe that! Isn't that insane?!" (Note to self: Think before you speak). One of the ladies ringing us up said: "I paid $800!" I was like, "oh ... wow, well, I didn't mean insane, just I guess I don't understand paying that much, I don't know that kind of money." Trying to make up for my goof. Then Eric replied as he always does in his wonderful manner, "Goood Laaawwwwdd thats alot of money! No offense but I think the girl she works with is crazy and you is some kind of crazy too!" (with a voice like George Jefferson) lol All in good fun joking... she got a good laugh out of it and we did too! :-)

PS - we are getting her a Little Mermaid Comforter set not the trucks and trains in the picture. But that is the bed.

No comments: