Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Santa's Ho, Ho, Ho, No Mo, Mo, Mo!


OK, I feel the need to jump on a soap box for a minute.

(Disclaimer/Warning: You may disagree with some of my viewpoints I am about to share. If you do, oh well!)

I was recently alerted that the Santa Claus appearing at a local mall is not allowed to say "Ho, Ho, Ho!" What?!? Are you kidding me? Supposedly it is politically incorrect for them to say? And I've heard its happening all over the world....in Sydney Australia all the Santa Claus' are banned there too. Hmmm..... I'm sorry but since when did "Ho's" have rights?

In all seriousness though, picture this. A little boy comes up to Santa and he says, "He He He little boy what do you want for Christmas?" and the boy says "I want a firetruck!" To which Santa responds, "Ha Ha Ha!" The poor boy is going to leave there thinking that Santa was laughing at him and not sure if he is getting a firetruck or not! It would probably leave a permanent scar on the poor boy for life!

What is this world coming to? Just because a few people have perverted minds or whatever it may be - now Santa can't say Ho, Ho, Ho? Before too long the world will want us sooo politically correct that Santa won't be able to be fat (so then we lose the whole belly jiggle when he giggles). Then they will say he shouldn't be old (not that I would mind sitting on Brad Pitts lap, but still). Then they will say Santa can be a girl or boy and why not both? and of course there is always room for a drag queen Santa! (Which could be quite funny if in the right place at the right time don't get me wrong - and I have nothing against drag queens - but I think you get my point.) In 5 more years instead of the Jolly red cheeked belly jiggling Santa we've all grown up with, Britney Spears look-a-likes will be posed as Santa handing out Starbucks and Taco Bell to the children - really! Do we want that?!?!?!

Whew - ok....calming down a bit, but I just must say I am tired of things having to be "politically correct". Why can things just be reality.... said the way they are. We can joke about things with some people but can't say things in front of others? Life is life. There are white people, black people, asian people, gay people, crazy people, smart people, stupid people, funny people, sweet people, mean people, and HO peoples! Must we have to walk around on egg shells around everyone? Mean what you say and say what you mean - thats all that should matter. Not oh he can't say that because he's this, or its not politically correct to say this. Get over it people...you were thinking the politically incorrect thing that person said anyway! (They just had the balls to say it)

OK I think I went off on a tangent. Anyways.... Why take away our Santa! Keep him the Jolly Old Fat Man that we always loved! And let him say "Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas" (Not Happy Holidays!)

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this!