Wednesday, November 21, 2007


Four weeks till Christmas....Did you hear what I just said? 4 WEEKS TILL CHRISTMAS! Every year working retail it comes and goes so quick! Its the day before Thanksgiving and work is going to be crazy today. I'm sure I will be hearing "Code 1, Code 1!" all day long. (Code 1 means all available staff in the store need to come to the floor - which means that our lines are all the way back to the wine department which is the length of the store (which is longer than my house, not that THAT says much lol). Anywho we finally have some basic Christmas decorations up at work this year which makes it a little more bearable - and according to Sirius Business they are starting Holiday music on Thanksgiving. Woo hoo!

So, as far as Christmas shopping goes, Eric and I have pretty much already bought our gifts for each other (our main big gifts anyways minus the socks and underwear ya know.) I chose the camera I have been wanting for 3 years - the Canon Digital Rebel SLR. Wow - This camera is amazing - so be expecting lots of more pictures (mostly of Kaylea, but lots none the less!)

Eric chose the new Playstation 3. Now I'm not a huge gaming person so I can't really get too excited about it - except that if he is playing the playstation it gives me the chance to go online and do more ebay! (Its addicting....I swear ebay is like the computer geek / entepreneur's crack cocaine). Only it doesn't make you skinny...ugh. But anyway, I suppose the Playstation is pretty cool as everything is in High Definition on our High Definition TV (that needs a bulb replaced lol). He only plays basically two games on it - Madden and 2K8 Basketball.... but he loves the new PS3 - it even goes online! So I can see ebay on my big screen TV! haha.....and it doubles as our DVD player too so its an all-purpose toy!

How did we pay for such extravagant gifts you say? Well my friends it goes back to my addiction - ebay! :-) It is a great thing! Better than chocolate almost!

Now onto more Christmas Shopping Lists. Kaylea has asked that Santa bring her everything "Mermaid". She loves Ariel the little mermaid, but she also loves Dora's Mermaid movie and has asked that next Halloween her costume be a mermaid "with a real tail". (We'll work on that one!) And other favorite things of hers - Shrek and anything to do with Shrek. She knows the word to the movie Shrek 1 by heart. She also has Shrek 1, 2, and 3 at home. Her favorite is Shrek 3 because she likes the little Shrek Babies she said, but she watches #1 the most. But this year Santa might bring her a "tent" because another one of her favorite things is making tents and playing in them. I guess it will all depend on what Walmart has on Christmas Eve as I heard thats probably when Santa will finally get to go shopping! ;-)

Well, gotta get to my work now! Lots of customers wanting to buy stuff to toast the holidays!

No comments: