(If thats not the most precious face you have ever seen!)
Eric and I have been talking about getting a new car for him anyways, but our hope was to run the 2000 Ford Ranger into the ground until it took its last breath. Well, I think that time is just about upon us. It is old with hundreds of thousands of miles on it and it has one thing after another we are having to fix. Not to mention the wreck Eric got into a few months ago (And insurance will only cover the back bumper!)
See Eric was at a stop light (completely stopped) and a guy slammed into the back of him - causing him to slam into the back of another guy. Eric didn't really know what to do having not been in this situation before - so the cops were never called. The guy Eric ran into took off leaving him no witness and just his word against the other guys. So they exchanged insurance info and off they went. Well the other guys insurance will only cover his back bumper since there is "no evidence" that he was stopped at the light. WHATEVER! Hey at least they are covering that. But being that both the front and back are all tore up and mechanically its a piece of junk - is there really any point in fixing it? I don't think so.
Today Eric's car was terribly overheating, he had to get it fixed by a guy who works in the shop behind their store so he could get home. Good news is we just have to buy him a 6 pack of Coors Light! (Well and pay for the hose he had to put on.) So this weekend we will not only be yard saling, but car sailing (if you could call it that). Ugh - So all the extra money we thought we'd be saving - looks like will now have to go to a car payment! Guess that means more ebaying!
I think I might see if Eric and Kaylea and I can go bowling all together - I think she'd have fun. Oh well. I've been listening to Christmas music today - but so far behind on all my work at "work" that I just feel like I'm carrying a big moutain on my shoulders. Tis the Season!
Updated 20 minutes later: I just got home and we got our Mortgage Bill that says as of January 1st our Mortgage is increasing by $400 - there goes our car payment. When it rains it pours. Bad day.

No comments:
Post a Comment