As far as the rest of our life goes - it is filled with work, work and more work. Eric is working full time for a new company and I have just started my 6 days a week holiday season. YAY! So that means we might see each other 1 day a week! In the meantime we have turned to a new project (that I am hoping one day may be able to turn into my full time job) - EBAY!
Yes thats right, I've joined the Ebay Cult! I started by selling some of Kaylea's old things and my old clothes, and now I've turned to Outlet stores and Garage Sales for more items to sell. Its really unbelievable! My mom told me a joke that Jerry Seinfeld said one day - "Now there's this thing called Ebay where we mail our junk back and forth to each other". That is sooo true! Get rid of junk and make me money? Wow, God Bless America!
So let me tell you about my latest junk/treasure finds. What we do is Eric and I budget $20 each of us for the weekend for our "yard sale money". Well I had already spent my $20 of course, and I saw this purse. It was a small purse made out of a license plate with some crystal looking stones on it. (The lady said they were swarkosky something or other.) She wanted $15. I haggled and got her down to $11. (It was a Sunday so she gave in. The day before people had offered her 12 and she didn't cave. Lucky for me!) So I begged Eric to borrow from his stash since he hadn't spent any. Eric was furious. He thought I had
wasted his $11 and told me I threw it down the drain. (I kinda thought he was right but wasn't going to admit it.) Instead, I went home and googled "Little Earth Purse" which was the label on the purse. Come to find out the purse I bought retails new for $185! Ok so Eric was starting to take back his words. So anyways I posted it on ebay that weekend. It sold for $52.65 plus $10 for shipping. Uh huh - what do you have to say now huh! I tripled our profit! So this has become my new hobby! I love it! If you are on ebay let me know your screename! ;-) Last week I found a Liz Claiborne dress new with the tags on it size 14 (classic black dress) for $3 at a yard sale. Original tag says $99! Let's see how it goes this weekend!

1 comment:
Wow, Summer, I need to start selling on ebay too!
Post a Comment