Thursday, March 13, 2008


Oh no. Its already happening! Boys Boys Boys! As I was giving Kaylea a bath after we had finished blowing lots and lots of bubbles Kaylea was playing and talking to herself and she said, "I'm looking for my boyfriend!" I said, "WHAT?!?!?, Eric you gotta get in here! Say that again Kaylea?!" "I'm looking for my boyfriend." Eric's face was like a deer caught in headlights as he told her, "Kaylea you don't need a boyfriend, not till you are 30 years old."

So this discussion went on for a while... of course Kaylea doesn't understand what "boyfriend" means except that she is talking about a boy who is a friend. She told us that "Stevie" who is in her class at preschool is her "boyfriend". She does talk about him quite alot. But daddy was sure to put an end to it by telling her the right way to say it is "Friend Boy". So she said, "Stevie is my friendboy" lol

Later at bedtime, while I was rocking her to sleep and after we said our prayer, she said, "Mommy, God made happily ever after. You know dat? Just like when da Little Mermaid got married an all dat stuff? An, Cinderella has a prince, and Snow White has a prince." I said, yep that's right and did you know Daddy is my prince?" She said, "Oh. I gotta find a prince!" I said, "Kaylea you have a long time before you need to find a prince, but when you get older you will find him." She said, "But I do need to find a prince!" I reiterated "When you are older." She said, "Okaaaayyyy".

Now its morning time, and Eric is driving Kaylea to school. Kaylea says, "Daddy when I get older will you help me find a prince?" Eric said, "When you get older, I will definitely help you find a prince." Kaylea responded, "Ok. Will you be my prince Daddy?" (I'm sure Erics eyes were tearing up but he didn't tell me if they did) Eric said, "Daddy will be your prince until you get older and you find another prince... is that a deal?" "Yep."

My little princess is growing up....

No comments: