Easter has come and gone. This is the first easter (I think) in my life that I did not go to church. Felt kinda weird, but, we did get a chance to have some quality family time together. On Saturday night we colored easter eggs (I hardly remember doing that much as a kid). Then
Sunday morning Kaylea woke us up and I told Kaylea after walking into the living room that her easter eggs were all gone! She said, "Gone Gone! I can't believe it!" Then when she found the first egg you would have thought she struck gold she was so excited. It was really fun. The easter bunny hid one of the eggs in her bag of diapers and she thought that was the silliest thing in the world!
Sunday morning Kaylea woke us up and I told Kaylea after walking into the living room that her easter eggs were all gone! She said, "Gone Gone! I can't believe it!" Then when she found the first egg you would have thought she struck gold she was so excited. It was really fun. The easter bunny hid one of the eggs in her bag of diapers and she thought that was the silliest thing in the world! After our egg hunt, we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast together. We had fun playing little games, eating yummy food and making funny faces! And of course we rocked in the chairs afterwards (a Kaylea ritual). Below are pictures of all of the easter eggs we colored. Kaylea wanted me to take pictures of each one LOL.
...Now don't get me wrong, I do think its important to go to church, especially for Kaylea. But more important to me is that we teach her about Jesus ourselves in addition to all of the silly fun time of easter eggs and bunnies. Last week we did go to church and Kaylea learned the word "Hosanna" which means "Save Us" or "Help Us". She also can recount about Jesus walking into the city and "people waving leaves at him".
Lately we've been having trouble with getting Kaylea to listen... and obey not just us but her teachers at school. See Kaylea is a super bright kid (IMHO). She talks alot (like her momma) and can carry on a pretty legthy discussion with you. Just the other day she was listening to a song about "15 miles on the Erie Canal...from Albany to Buffalo...." and so on. She put her pointer finger to her chin and said very seriously, "Hmmm... this song is really int'resting. Mommy you said buffalo is a city. I think its kinda like a pig or a cow. Hmmm... this is really int'resting."
She is very observant. She knows right from wrong. She knows if you put her in time out that if she says, "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry and I won't do it again." that it will get her out of time out. Trouble is she is just saying words and will continue to do whatever it was she was doing. Alot of times its her just being silly and twirling around the room dancing and screeching and ignoring us or her teachers when we talk to her. She knows she is having fun and just probably knows that what we are saying would stop that! LOL. Anyways on to Easter.
I explained to Kaylea that Easter is about Jesus on the cross. That when people tell her the story about Jesus dying on the cross and then coming back to life that the reason he did that is for us. I tried to put it in simple terms: "Kaylea, when you do bad things, God loves you so much that he doesn't want you to have to stand in the corner or get a spankin. So he stands in the corner for you and takes the spankin' for you. He does this because he loves you and he wants you to do good things so that you don't have to get punished." Not sure if she got it, but it was worth a try. I'm just afraid that now she's gonna tell me that she doesn't have to go stand in the corner cause Jesus is standing there for her LOL.

No comments:
Post a Comment