Monday, March 10, 2008

God helped me pee pee!

For a while we have taken a break from the "Pee Pee in the Potty" train. Kaylea hasn't seem interested and has wanted to move back to diapers. But this week she has been complaining of her diapers being to tight and scratching her. So I tried to explain to her this weekend that they don't make diapers any bigger because they expect girls her size to be able to go pee pee in the potty. And I urged her to try.

Well she didn't this weekend, but it was an eventful weekend with Dumbi new in our home and all. Also we reorganized her room and I think its the cleanest its been in a LONG time! Her play tent actually fits in her room now! She had way too many toys - most that she never played with or were for babies. So, it was time to clean them out. Going through the toys in her closet I alone filled two garbage bags full of toys that she didn't need or play with, etc. Not even realizing there was a whole other basket on top of her closet shelf! We cleared out some of the clutter in her room (got rid of the TV stand and put the TV on her dresser) and her room is now spacious and clean. We also hung her Hannah Montana posters and all of her hats on the wall. She wants to play dress up all the time now! But her room is not only cleaner and less cluttered but a place she can play - and she has discovered so many toys that she forgot she had! As I put her to bed last night she said, "Mommy! What did you do to my room? Its so beautiful!!!"

So, onto the peeing in the potty. Today she is at Mimi's like every Monday and she had asked Mimi to play playdough with her. Mimi said, "OK but how about we try to go pee pee in the potty first." She agreed and they went in there and she sat on the potty for a second and said, "Mimi I tried but I can't go, but I try." So she tried some different techniques that I've heard about and tried to do - (putting kayleas hands in water.... etc.) None of them worked and Kaylea was ready to give up. Mimi said, "I know let's say a prayer to God for him to help you go pee pee." So Mimi prayed to God to help Kaylea go pee pee and as soon as they opened their eyes, Kaylea started pee peeing like no tomorrow! Alot! She was surprised herself and mom said her eyes got real big! Mimi said, "See God helped you!". Kaylea said, "Who God? Da King of Kings?" Mimi said, "Yep thats him!" and then they sang a song together (King of Kings).

God works in mysterious ways! :-) When I called Kaylea she told me, "Mommy, God helped me pee pee!"

No comments: