
It is amazing to me how red Kaylea's hair looks in different lights? Its not surprising as there are quite a few red heads on my mom's side of the family - Amber & Cody to name a few (Although Amber is now blonde - she was a bright red head as a child) She definitely fits the bill when it comes to the red head's temper. Lately she has gotten very tempermental and I think its the result of the terrible twos mixed with the red head temper... and she is spoiled. She gets upset when she doesn't get what she wants and she doesn't know how to express it except for crying or screaming or whining or recently biting!
On Thursday I had to pick her up from school because she had bitten the arm of a little girl in her class. So, I took off work and went to pick her up and this time she was going to realize she can't get away with it. So I brought her home and took her to her room. She didn't like that at all. Also, we took away all "sweet treats" like chocolate and candy as well as her new favorite toy - her leapster! She has been very apologetic ever since and every day tells me she will be good at school and she is sorry for biting Emily. (She is so sweet when she says this I feel like a big mean mama for punishing her, but I know its the right thing to do.) See lately she will say she is sorry and that she won't do it again, and then she turns around and does it again. So this is why we had to take stuff away.
So tomorrow is the real test. She goes back to school. I told her I was going to ask her teacher how she acted in class and if she tells me she was good, then Kaylea can have a chocolate cookie after school and get her leapster back. My fingers are crossed and I hope she's good but there is part of me that is worried we might get another dreaded call. Let's hope not... I think she has learned her lesson... like most women, she loves her chocolate way too much to keep it away for long!
PS - I'm adding on to this after I wrote the above. We've been working with her all weekend on how to play nice. Putting Kaylea to sleep we asked her, "Tomorrow at school if you want to play with a toy what do you do?" and she responded, "you ask". We followed up with, "And if they say no you can't play with it I'm playing with it, then what do you do?" To which she gave the right answer that we taught her, "You play with another toy!" Good girl, mommy has always lived by, "Some will, Some won't, So What, Next!" The same "sales pitch" applies to kids and sharing toys! LOL She then proceeded to say, "and then I get my chocolate cookie and my leapster back!"
PS - I'm adding on to this after I wrote the above. We've been working with her all weekend on how to play nice. Putting Kaylea to sleep we asked her, "Tomorrow at school if you want to play with a toy what do you do?" and she responded, "you ask". We followed up with, "And if they say no you can't play with it I'm playing with it, then what do you do?" To which she gave the right answer that we taught her, "You play with another toy!" Good girl, mommy has always lived by, "Some will, Some won't, So What, Next!" The same "sales pitch" applies to kids and sharing toys! LOL She then proceeded to say, "and then I get my chocolate cookie and my leapster back!"
She is also getting inspiration from Princess Jasmine from a movie that we bought her about princess stories. Princess Jasmine ended the movie saying, "Be Strong, and Never Give Up". As I layed her in her bed she was chanting to herself under her breath, "Be Stong, An' Neber Gib Up!" Told you she wanted that chocolate back!

No comments:
Post a Comment