1.) Never go to a restaurant when your two-year old has just woken up from a nap, and obviously had planned on sleeping a little longer.
2.) Men are men whether they are 4 years old, 25 years old or 40 years old. And Kaylea can't date till she is 30!
We did this last night. Kaylea woke up from her nap just as we arrived at Carraba's Italian Restaurant and was not in the happiest of moods. We thought it would pass but soon realized it would not....plus I think she just wasn't feeling very well. "I wanna go home!" she cried over and over and tears rolled down her face. So we took turns taking her for a walk around the restaurant. She calms down when you do this.... problem is as soon as she sees you are returning to the table, she starts crying again.But last night, seated at the table next to us was a family with a little boy and a little girl. The boy was 4 years old and the girl was turning three in April... so just 1 month younger than Kaylea. They saw that Kaylea was upset and wanted to come over and say hi to her and cheer her up. It was very sweet.
Next thing you know, the little 4-year-old boy comes up to Kaylea and says, "I have a surprise for you! When I am 13 I'm gonna give you a call!" Well myself, Eric and the other two parents all burst out laughing. Kaylea didn't quite understand why we were laughing and probably thought we were laughing at her cause she kept crying. So I took her on another walk....
As we walked around the restaurant Kaylea stops and says, "Mommy I DON'T WANT to call that boy!" (Good girl!) I laughed at this too and then we returned inside. Kaylea calmed down for a minute in the arms of her daddy and with an ice cream sundae :-)
Then the little boy returned to our table and said, in a cute flirty shy manner, "My mommy says she has the most Bee-U-ti-ful lips she has ever seen!" Then he giggled and covered his face with his hands and ran back to his table.
It was really funny and really cute...even though I ended up getting my meal to go, and Eric woofed down his lasagna faster than Garfield! But I think we are gonna be in for it when she is thirteen!

1 comment:
I think I'm liking this photo of her the best now...
as for the restaurant...typical, but frustrating..and, that little boy was cute, though it seemed like she recognized a stalker when she saw one!! LOL
Post a Comment