We have debated about whether or not to cut her hair for a long time. I think if Eric or my mom had their way they would still not have her cut it. Her hair is so long and beautiful! But, I wanted her to get it trimmed just to get the dead ends off and keep it healthy. So, we took Kaylea to get her very first haircut yesterday (June 1st, 2008). She really did a great job. She was very nervous about going and kept saying she did not want to get her hair cut. We made a deal with her that Eric would get his cut first then me then her just to ease her into it. Well, Eric had to go to work so I made a deal with her that she could watch them cut my hair first then she could go. Also I promised her I'd take her to get a donut afterwards as a reward.So she agreed and then as her turn got there... she got excited about it! She was thrilled to sit in her own special booster seat and have a kid's cape on around her. She smiled the whole time, and it ended up being fun (not like she expected!) She got to keep a little piece of her hair in a card that had the date on it.

So I did as promised and took her to Dunkin Donuts where she picked out a chocolate frosted donut with pink sprinkles. As we walked out of Dunkin Donuts Kaylea said, "Mommy! Did you see all those people in there were lookin' at me! They thought my hair was beautiful and they were lookin at me cause my hair is so pretty!" I busted out laughing. So cute! And the rest of the day she just kept saying how beautiful she was with her "new hair". :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment