
So here was the highlight of my trip. It was Monday night and Eric had already flown back. I was planning on going back to my hotel and ordering a Giordanos pizza for dinner and watching their limited television stations. So, I walk out of the McCormick Place Convention Center and I see Bill Rancic. I'm freaking out thinking, "Wow thats Bill Rancic!" I know you are asking yourselves "Who is Bill Rancic?" Well I will explain that later.
So there is a long line for cabs so I have time to waste. I go nearby and try to get a couple of pics from my cell phone. Then another girl comes up and says is that really Bill Rancic? Both of us wanted to talk to him but neither of us had the courage yet. Then I decided why not. What's the worst that can happen? So I go up and introduce myself and hand him my card.
Now who is Bill Rancic? Bill (now that we are on a first name basis lol) is the very first winner of the TV show "The Apprentice" hosted by Donald Trump. He won a job working for Donald Trump in Chicago. He still works for Trump by helping him with the TV show Apprentice, but has also written two books. Prior to the show he had started his own online Cigar business called Cigars Around the World and it is now a multi million dollar business. All that said, and "HE IS HOT!" :-) And married to Giuliana DePandi (Rancic) from the E Television Network and former Miss USA.
So I hung out with him and chatted for about 10 minutes. Told him my name, company and explained what I did for a living. We talked about wine for a little bit and then he asked me where I was staying. I couldn't say "Ramada Inn in the ghetto" so I played it off and said, "somewhere off Lakeshore Drive in Hyde Park". He said, "oh. ok. Well next time you should stay at the Trump!" Yeah I think so too believe me!
So he asked me if I was going to the dinner party that night. Didn't want to seem stupid so I just said, "I'm not sure yet." (In my head I was thinking... what dinner party and where?) The VP of Marketing with the VIP checklist obviously noticed my confusion and came over and non-chalantly whispered in my ear... "You wanna go I can get you on the list?" Um let me think... YEAH! So I waited with the group of 40 VIP guests to go on the double decker bus to the Nine Steakhouse in Chicago.
I've never ridden a double decker bus till now. I walked up the steep stairs on the bus with Bill Rancic right behind me. The whole time I'm thinking... "Don't trip or do anything embarassing and Bill Rancic's face is at my butt's eye level! Ack!" So we rode the bus to the Nines and were escorted upstairs to the VIP room that overlooked the entire restaurant (which was very hip and trendy by the way). Bill Rancic spoke and we had a fully catered dinner and open/free bar! I ate dinner with the E-commerce girl and VP of Lowe's Home Improvement (these were the types of people at this dinner party!) Little ol me hanging out! I even got a swag gift! A box of Harry London Chocolates and a USB jump drive
SO to sum up this long story... I was in the right place at the right time. I got to eat a free dinner at an exclusive steakhouse with Bill Rancic and other Business VIP, ride a double decker bus and get free stuff! Amazing night I will never forget.
Today I called Bill's agent and got his address so I can ship him a bottle of wine. Oh yeah! :-)

1 comment:
Nothing like grabbing the opportunities when they're staring you in the face, right??!! WTG Summer!! PTL!!
Post a Comment