So as we were driving back from Disneyworld and Kaylea was completely passed out asleep in the car a week or 2 ago, Eric decided to take advantage of the time and put on some music he liked to listen too. (He gets a little tired of Barney and Laurie Birkner - as for me I like the pretzel song!) Anyways he's flipping through his Sirius and a song comes on by some rock group called Buckcherry. I hadn't heard of them and for those of you who know my husband - you might think he hadn't either. But to my surprise he had and liked them and listened to them (when Kaylea is not in the car of course). As for me I was emotional - think I needed a B6 shot or something but I looked at him driving and said, "Who are you?! I don't even know you anymore!"
OK so yes I'm a bit dramatic and tend to take things to the extremes so they say. But, do you ever feel at some point in your relationship that so much time has gone by and you've been so busy with your own lives and work that you really don't know the other person anymore? OK thats a bit absurd in my case because when I'm not at work I'm around Eric but a little part of me thinks... wow we have a whole other life during the day that we don't really know about each other. (DANG HORMONES!) Eric was like, "Honey I'm the same as I've always been what's your problem are you on the white pills again?" (alluding to the last week of birth control pills when my moods swing hi and low!)
Anyways, it was silly and I quickly got over my emotional crisis.... once he went back to some normal R&B. And as Eric reminded me not only does he like Rap, Hip Hop, and R&B, but he has a secret country CD, and Matchbox 20 was the first concert we went to together. AND he even admitted to secretly watching Hannah Montana and proved it by singing the lyrics to her songs later. So I freaked out for nothing.
Luckily I have a wonderful hubby who puts up with my swings of emotion. Valentine's Day came and (I thought I might get flowers) and of course he pulled through. 18 beautiful red roses! But the best part was the card. Normally Eric spends a long time picking out a really good card, but never signs anything other than "Eric" or "Love, Eric". He's just not a writer, and thats why he picks out the cards forever - because they say what he wants to say. But this time HE WROTE!!! It was the best part of my valentine's day - getting a little short poem from Eric. It said:
"I always like rap, and I like rock.
I sometimes like country and even pop,
but most of all I love you!"
And that my folks made my day!
OK so yes I'm a bit dramatic and tend to take things to the extremes so they say. But, do you ever feel at some point in your relationship that so much time has gone by and you've been so busy with your own lives and work that you really don't know the other person anymore? OK thats a bit absurd in my case because when I'm not at work I'm around Eric but a little part of me thinks... wow we have a whole other life during the day that we don't really know about each other. (DANG HORMONES!) Eric was like, "Honey I'm the same as I've always been what's your problem are you on the white pills again?" (alluding to the last week of birth control pills when my moods swing hi and low!)
Anyways, it was silly and I quickly got over my emotional crisis.... once he went back to some normal R&B. And as Eric reminded me not only does he like Rap, Hip Hop, and R&B, but he has a secret country CD, and Matchbox 20 was the first concert we went to together. AND he even admitted to secretly watching Hannah Montana and proved it by singing the lyrics to her songs later. So I freaked out for nothing.
Luckily I have a wonderful hubby who puts up with my swings of emotion. Valentine's Day came and (I thought I might get flowers) and of course he pulled through. 18 beautiful red roses! But the best part was the card. Normally Eric spends a long time picking out a really good card, but never signs anything other than "Eric" or "Love, Eric". He's just not a writer, and thats why he picks out the cards forever - because they say what he wants to say. But this time HE WROTE!!! It was the best part of my valentine's day - getting a little short poem from Eric. It said:
"I always like rap, and I like rock.
I sometimes like country and even pop,
but most of all I love you!"
And that my folks made my day!

No comments:
Post a Comment