Saturday, February 23, 2008

Our Diva Day!


Some days just start out bad. Today was one of those days. I thought it was doomed to end bad. This morning we spent the best part of it getting two new tires for Eric's new car. He must have run over something that completely blew holes in both of his passenger side tires. We and tires just don't agree lately I guess. Anyways after a long morning of dropping Eric off at work and getting tires fixed Kaylea and I started our day together. I thought it would be fun to take her to the Hannah Montana 3D movie - it was for about 20 minutes. After her popcorn was all eaten I couldn't keep her in her seat - guess cartoon movies are better at keeping her attention - even though she likes Hannah Montana - she doesn't like 3D glasses.

So we left the movie theatre only to run through pouring down rain because we didn't have an umbrella! Then after leaving the movie we were on a quest to find my purse. I had been missing it since the night before. So we drove to my work (cause I hadn't been anywhere else) and still couldn't find it. But, I needed my blood pressure medicine so we went back home to look for it. Still no purse. Called work. They looked and they found it! Perhaps my luck was turning around!


(FYI - that is a big donut hole in Kaylea's cheek!)

So, now that I had my purse, the rain had stopped and tires were fixed, I decided to try and start our Kaylea and Mommy day over again. So we went to the mall. And you know what we had a ball! There is a little playground area inside our mall that Kaylea loves to play at. Its right across from Dunkin Donuts - so I got a coffee and I got Kaylea some donut holes and we spent about an hour to an hour and a half there. Kaylea made a few friends and they played chase for a long time.

Then we found this really cool store called "Divas and Dudes". Its a store for kids, and you can pay $22 to get a Diva Makeover! Kaylea went around and got to pick out some accessories to her outfit - her choice was a blue tutu, , sunglasses, a lady bug necklace, a princess purse, a blue hair extension piece, and a toy zebra, oh and rock star gloves. Then a stylist sits them down at their own "Diva Vanity chair and mirror and they do their hair with glitter gel and sparkles and give them lip gloss etc. She looked totally Diva and so cute! So much so that every where we went in the mall people stopped and said how cute she was and asked where she had it done.



Also while we were there we road the choo choo train and some other little rides, before stopping at the Disney store to pick up a princess shirt. Wallet empty and Kaylea tired - we stopped by the smoothie shop to meet my parents for a smoothie. Then we headed home listening to Laurie Birkner singing about the three little pigs in the car. So all in all the day didn't turn out so bad. We had a blast, Kaylea got to be a diva, she didn't take a nap, and now we can go to bed early! :-)

All I had was my camera phone, so the pics aren't great, but here is some shots from our fun day!

No comments: