Well I was hoping to update you on my diet progress - no worries - I haven't "cheated" just haven't been able to do the diet to the fullest as I cannot take any of the medication they gave me this week. It's been a rough week though as I have been really sick. I've actually been sick for about 3 weeks (cold stuff) then Kaylea and Eric got it. I sent them to the doctor and they got medicine and this third week I finally decided it was time I get medicine. So I went to the doctor.
Those of you who know me pretty well know that I am allergic to just about every antibiotic in the book... which is pretty much why they always prescribe me ZPacks cause I do ok with them. Bad thing is they are starting to lose their effectivness. So my doctor prescribed me a new drug that I haven't tried before - Avalox. Well I picked it up from the pharmacy on Wednesday night and took my first pill at approximately 6:30pm. Well by 6:45 I had big red welts all over my face and thats when I started to panic. Kaylea was in her nightgown and Eric was eating his sandwich and I told them they needed to get me to the hospital ASAP. I've been there done this before.
So forgetting that its cold outside we all left in a hurry with no jackets and headed for the hospital. On the 8 minute drive there my arms were starting to bubble up into welts as well and it was getting hard for me to breathe. My skin on my face felt numb and so did my mouth and tounge. I quickly ran into the ER and let them know I was having an allergic reaction to Avalox and was immediately taken into the ER and put in a bed while the nurse attempted to get an IV into my veins 3 TIMES! I have a 3 inch bruise to prove it! (And thats just one of the spots) My veins are bad, but even worse when someone is trying to hurry through getting the IV in. It was bad and now I hate IVs even more! Finally they got it to take hold on the top of my hand. Ugh not the best feeling place to have an IV.
At this point I started getting woozy - which was better than the panic attack I was in. All I know is that they shot me with 4 different things, but I zoned out after I heard the first two - predinizone (steroids) and benadryl. At any rate, mom and dad picked Kaylea up from the hospital and Eric stayed with me until they discharged me around 11pm.
That was our excitement for the week - if you could call it that. So, I decided to not go in at 7am the next day to do my workout and I had to stop my medication for the diet (just in case). Meanwhile I had to wait for yet another prescription for the "safe old" ZPack to start getting better. While waiting for that prescription the next few days I just got sicker and sicker. I have coughed so much that I have thrown up and my chest feels bruised (right along with my arms from the IV!)
But good news is I am on the mend! LOL I am not feeling 100% but I'd say 30% better! haha. Better enough to write this blog out at least! Keep us in your prayers. Also keep Kaylea in your prayers and help her to keep her 2-year-old-tude under control. I think she was stressed out the next day at school after being in the hospital the night before that she took it out at school. So we had another "Parent Teacher Talk". Ugh. So needless to say again... please PRAY for us! :)
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment