Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Pink Eye Parade

If you get a moment, say a prayer for Kaylea this week. She had an ear infection last week and has been on antibiotics, but it has now developed into a pretty bad eye infection. Her eyes are all swollen full of tears and green yuck and crusties! I was worried her head might start spinning and she'd start spitting peas, so I called the doctor and had them call in some antibiotic eyedrops for her. Unfortunately she had to miss her swim class of which she was not very happy (but mommy and daddy took her for ice cream to make up for that!) She's just absolutely miserable and wakes up in the middle of the night saying her eyes are crusty. Last night she woke up and ran into the door cause she couldn't see or open her eyes. :-( Then after I cleaned her eyes and got her back into bed she came a knockin'. "Can I sleep with you guys?" So with miserable tears in her eyes, Eric went to the couch and Kaylea got in what she calls, "the big bed". Lucky for Eric cause he didn't have a little one kicking him in the face all night! :-)

This morning Eric and I both woke up to crusty and sore eyes. Fun. I still went jogging though. :-) Keep the pink-eye parade in your prayers!

No comments: