Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It Breaks My Heart!

Kaylea's Phrase of the Day: "It Breaks My Heart When...."

It started out this morning when we were playing hide n' seek after I got back from Boot Camp. We hid a few times, but I had to get ready for work so I told Kaylea we couldn't play anymore this morning. Kaylea put on the sweetest little voice and said, "But Mommy it breaks my heart when you don't play with me!" (Seriously! Who can say no to that!) The child has mastered parental manipulation!

So I played one more round.... then it was off to the shower and she was started on a puzzle. I overheard her ask Eric really politely, "Daddy will you help me put my puzzle together please?" Eric who was busy online (I'm sure checking his sports websites for the day) said, "sure honey, in a minute". Kaylea waited a minute and then said, "But Daddy, it breaks my heart when you don't help me put my puzzle together!"

I said, "Kaylea where did you get the phrase 'It breaks my heart'?" She quickly shot back, "From youuuuuuu!" So I think later today I'm gonna try, "Kaylea it breaks my heart when you don't eat your green beans!"

No comments: