Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"My Daddy"

Sometimes you never know if what you are telling your little toddler makes any sense at all. A month or two ago I was trying to explain that God is our father just like Eric is her father. Only, Eric is her father on earth, and God is her father in heaven. She looked confused, but said, "Oh." And nothing has been said about it since.

Until last night. Eric and I were saying our prayer with her as we do every night before bedtime. After we prayed and Kaylea was giving Eric a hug goodnight, Kaylea was talking about praying to God and she said looking at Eric, "You are my daddy in here and God is my daddy in heaven!"

It was a really tender moment and one I wish I could capture on video but it will have to stay captured in my memory instead.

Matthew 18:3
"And he said: 'I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.' "

No comments: